Friendly and reliable Plumbers in Edinburgh and The Lothians
Smart Gas Solutions promise an one of the highest levels of service by any plumber serving Edinburgh and the Lothians. We promise to undertake all types of plumbing repairs from burst pipes to blocked toilets. 95% of our jobs are rectified within an hour of call out.
In addition we also provide an emergency call out services for any immediate plumbing issues you may have. For installations and bigger jobs we are happy to give a free, no obligation estimate.
- All general plumbing repairs and installations
- Toilet and tap repair specialists
- Shower repair and installations – shower pumps repaired and fitted
- Taps, washer, ball-valves, overflows repaired or replaced
- All new taps supplied come with a 6 year guarantee
- New radiators, towel rails and valves supplied and fitted
- Washing machines plumbed in
- Garden taps supplied and fitted
- Lead pipe and tank replacement
- Cold water storage tanks and hot water cylinders supplied and fitted
- Immersion heater elements supplied and fitted
- We can supply and fit a wide range of kitchen sinks
- Rhones and gutters repaired / replaced
Toilet Repair Services
- Faulty flush – Push button and handle type.
- Noisy when flushed – E.g humming/foghorn noise
- Slow filling or not filling at all
- Running water into the bowl
- We can fix almost any age or make of toilet
- We also supply and fit unvented hot water mains fed water cylinders
If you have any of the following issues with your toilet we can fix it:
How to achieve your perfect bathroom
What type of bathroom do you need? A bathroom for the whole family, for your own ensuite, for the kids, or for guests? Will young children or the elderly be using it? What style do you go for: ultra-modern, contemporary, traditional?
Measure your bathroom. Is it an unusual shape or particularly small?
If you want to change the layout and move things around around, you need to consider the possible positions of your toilet. Most other items can be repositioned anywhere in the room but the position of your toilet depends on whether the soil vent, soil, and waste pipes can be moved. Another consideration is the direction in which your drainage pipes flow – the joists beneath your floorboards will help determine this.
How will your redesign affect the electrics? Can the wiring be moved? Don’t forget to think about natural light from the window as well as electric light. Do you need a stronger light for make-up or shaving? Do you need a heated bathroom mirror to stop it misting up?
How much do you need? Your options are endless, so talk it through early on to make sure you have enough and that it’s planned efficiently into your space.
Can you move your entrance door? Could you hang it from the opposite door frame or open it outwards? If there’s space, would you like a shower enclosure? If you have one already, could it be moved?
What type do you want; radiator, decorative heated towel rail, underfloor? Can your existing radiator or fan be moved? To make the most of limited space, think about a heated towel rail or ladder radiator.
Don’t forget to think about taps, wastes and accessories.